Music has always been an indispensable part of our life, nowadays listening to the music wherever we are and whatever we're doing is no longer a problem. Hundreds of thousands of music apps are designed for you. Among them, I like using SoundCloud most to listen to music and audio for free. It not only helps me find new & trending music and collect tracks & playlist, also allows me to follow friends & artists and discover podcasts, comedy & news.
SoundCloud is a Swedish online audio distribution platform based in Berlin, Germany, that enables its users to upload, record, promote, and share their originally-created sounds. The founders initially aspired to allow musicians to share recordings with each other, but the concept later transformed into a full publishing tool that also allowed musicians to distribute their music tracks.
SoundCloud has released apps for popular mobile operating systems, including Android, iOS and Firefox OS.
I started to use Soundcloud since it only has had the browser version. Some of the users praised it as the best browser to app transition of any app they have used. I agree with them. Soundcloud has various functions, besides the trending music and trending audio exploration, I can also browser tracks by genre and listen to the stream wherever I am using WiFi or data, it's really convenient. Besides, it put much importance on its social function. Loging via Facebook and Google+ saves much time for me. Meanwhile, the record are sharable to Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr, which let my friends see and hear my sound in real time.
The UI is appealing and user-friendly. The interface is easy to use if you're familiar with the structure of sound cloud, the same is to those who haven't used its browser version, because SoundCloud is much less structured than other streaming apps. What's more, the design of the album cover is frequently updated with beautiful colors. I like the design very much.
- Very Easy to Use
- Explore Trending Music and Trending Audio feeds
- Search directly for tracks, artists and other users
- Follow friends and artists to hear what they share
- Browse tracks by genre
- Listen to the stream wherever you are using WiFi or data
- Play, pause and skip tracks from the lockscreen
- Login or register with Facebook and Google+
- Record sounds. Share them on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr
- Listen to playlists, or create your own and share them with your followers
- Shuffle your likes or playlists
- Less structured than other streaming apps
- It crashes sometimes
- Less function than the browser version (E.g. No way to modify playlists besides naming them and adding songs to them in the app)
- Copyright problem
- Losing its fidelity to artists
I gave it 4.5 out of 5. Having a massive trove of music, SoundCloud is a very easy-to-use sharing machine. It works pretty good in listening, sharing, look and etc. If the app adds more functions that the browser version has, it will be perfect.