Augment Reality (AR) became a realization way back in the 70’s, when Morton Heilig created the Sensorama, a device that can render 3D images, sound, wind, as well as aromas, to create a virtual reality for the user.
Fast forward to the present age–augmented reality is now a possible feat and almost anyone can enjoy the thrill and excitement just by having an Android smartphone. Have you ever wished that you could experience augmented reality?
Augmented reality (AR) is a view of a real and physical image with some of its elements modified by computer generated effects, resulting in an enhanced perception of the real-time image.
Augmented reality has also been integrated in apps on your Android device. By using your phone’s GPS, camera, and other sensors, you can view your surroundings with the added simulation of augmented objects.
In this app list, we will be talking about some of the best augmented reality (AR) apps for your Android device.
Layar Reality Browser 3.0.1
The Layar Reality Browser displays real time digital information on top of reality in the camera screen of the mobile phone. While looking through the phone's camera lens, a user can see houses for sale, popular bars and shops, tourist information of the area, play a live game, etcetera.
Wikitude World Browser Premium
Wikitude World Browser is an augmented reality (AR) browser for the Android platform based on location-based Wikipedia and Qype content. It is a handy application for planning a trip or to find out about landmarks in your surroundings; 350,000 world-wide points of interest may be searched by GPS or by address and displayed in a list view, map view and “Augmented Reality” cam view.4 U' I# W+ @8 E$ \" i" ]" L
- u8 D; R$ w- B7 Z3 W$ E9 R* M
The latest version of WIKITUDE World Browser includes an Augmented Reality Photo Feature, which allows you to capture and share the AR camera view you experience through your mobile.
The Zombie, Run! Zombie Finder is a survival tool for people living in a zombie-infested area. Zombie, Run! displays the location of nearby zombies, helping you safely navigate your urban or rural area.
More Info? Feature Suggestion?: http://www.zrli.org/
Now open-source!: http://zombie-run.googlecode.com/
CamGun (Camera Call of Duty)
Life is Crime
Turn your daily routine into criminal turf. Life is Crime is a first-of-its-kind, location-based mobile RPG for Android.
Entertainment Weekly's Top 10 Game App of 2011!
"Unlike the glut of copycat games that make trolling the Android Market a chore, this location-based crime sim stands out like a guilty perp in a police lineup. Its inspired concept turns real-life to-do list tasks — like going to the bank — into reputation-building, territory-dominating virtual criminal activities — like robbing said bank." -EW
Play where you live. Build your rep. Dominate your Turf.
Pick-up and drop off packages. Battle for Real Places.
Start your Criminal Gang! Gang-up with 3 other players to become notorious.
- Get Live chat
- Rep Bonuses
- Win epic items in Gang competitions
The Life is Crime game world is being built out now. Tell us what city to build out next on our Forums: http://redrobotlabs.com/forums
Climb regional leaderboards and build your Criminal Rep at Real Locations!
- Fight for Real Locations
- Pick up and drop off packages
- Complete missions
Dominate real coffee shops and local restaurants to international airports: Life is Crime transforms everyday places into contested criminal territory.
The more active you are, the higher your criminal reputation and the more notorious you become where you live. Commit Virtual crime at Real Places.
- Gear up! Fully Customizable avatar: 200+ equipable guns, gear, and items.
- Unlock Achievements! Earn over 50 Achievements - Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
- Pick and Drop off Packages at real locations and profit together.
- Real World Game Map: The game map grows and persists over time with player interaction - become legendary where you live.
- Dominate your Turf! Leaderboards & PvP: Fight other players at real locations.
- Build your Criminal Reputation: Become notorious within your home town or city - fight and dominate territory to keep your Rep high.
- Missions: Complete missions at any coffee shop, bank, gas station, and more. The “Rob Bank” mission can be virtually completed at any bank, anywhere.
Play with Friends:
- GameFeed enables players to share achievements, goals, and gameplay moments with other players. Discover new places and players.
- R2 Gaming Network. The R2 Network also features push notifications and deep integration with social networks such as: Facebook, Twitter and Google.
Check Us Out At:
Want More Info? Visit our Forum!
Various bug fixes. General stability improvements. Expanded localization support.